Benefits of CAFCC Membership
CAFCC meets regularly with Affiliate Representatives where information is exchanged and discussed regarding child care issues throughout the state. Affiliate Representatives are sent Board Packets containing the minutes of CAFCC Monthly Board Meetings encouraging them to disseminate the information to their memberships. By doing so, Affiliate's members can stay abreast of business and issues addressed, discussed, and/or acted upon at the CAFCC Monthly Board Meetings.
CAFCC representatives meet with the Colorado Department of Human Services/Division of Child Care, Governor's Licensing Advisory Board, Office of Professional Credentialing, Child Care Commission, National Association of Family Child Care (NAFCC), USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program, Early Childhood Councils, Early Childhood Summit, Licensing Consistgency Meetings, Local Municipalities including Zoning, Colorado Association for the Education of Young Children, Colorado Legislative Coalition, and Qualistar Early Learning providing the Family Child Care perspective regarding policy and procedures.
CAFCC strives to provide information on Educational opportunities offered throughout the state that foster quality child care. This includes child care conferences and trainings with CAFCC and Affiliate Associations and NAFCC Accreditation.
Aa a member of the Colorado Legislative Coalition, CAFCC along with the Summit and lobbyist, have impacted and testified at legislative sessions.
CAFCC supports the Four Domains of the Early Childhood Framework: Early Learning, Family Support & Parent Education, Social, Emotional, and Mental Health, and Health. As child Care providers/teachers directly impact the lives of children and families. CAFCC SUPPORTS THEIR WORK.
CAFCC offers and maintains a website (www.coloradochildcare.com) for which all visitors can access valuable information ranging from where to access state and local resources to scholarships offered to CAFCC members.
- CAFCC Accreditation Scholarship - download information and application
- NAFCC Membership discount: Discount of $5.00 over regular rates.
- Professional Trainings & Workshops: Such as Infant & Toddler Training & Leadership Training. Conferences presented by the CAFCC Education Foundation are excellent opportunities to obtain re-licensing credit hours and network with other child care professionals.
- "The Rocking Horse" : Our bi-monthly newsletter is an informative and entertaining resource for child care providers. Each issue contains valuable information to keep members up-to-date on licensing changes, training opportunities and health and safety concerns.
- Brochures and Publications: Supporting family child care are designed and distributed to CAFCC members and affiliate associations.
- Scholarships: Available to CAFCC and NAFCC Conferences through the CAFCC Education Foundation; go to the Conferences Page for the application form.
CAFCC DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY SERVICE OR PROCUCT LISTED ABOVE. RESPONSIBILITY FOR SATISFACTION LIES SOLELY BETWEEN THE CONSUMER AND THE VENDOR."